Deer Lake School is proud of the hardworking and committed people who make up the School Board.This board of governance, comprised of more than 30 dedicated individuals, meets monthly to receive reports, approve budgets and implement the vision of the school. Board members represent the 13 constituent churches that support the school, and many are parents of Deer Lake School students.
Pastor Colin Griffiths is the School Board chairperson, and the pastor of Creekside Community Church in Burnaby, and The Crossing. Pastor Colin is married to Meri, a retired nurse, and they have two grown children, both of whom attended Deer Lake School. Travis Fahlman is the vice-chairman of the board, and is self-employed in the Information Technology industry.
In November 2013 the School Board approved an exciting new Strategic Plan addressing future development at Deer Lake School. Strategies include
- supporting and resourcing the faculty for teaching excellence
- preparing students more intentionally for academic/mental, social/emotional, spiritual and physical success
- upgrading the present facility to meet the growing needs of the school and constituent community
- collaborating with community partners and individuals
- modelling and demonstrating the graciousness of God